Lincolnshire Integrated Sexual Health Service (LiSH) will be raising awareness of relationships, sex and disability in support of this year's Sexual Health Week from September 16-22.
Staff from LiSH will be supporting this year's campaign from Brook, a young people’s charity, who are looking to normalise the conversations around sex and disability and supporting professionals to better equip the young people they work with.
LiSH will be travelling to colleges across the county throughout the week to spread the message as well as promoting Sexual Health Week at all LiSH clinics.
Heidi Shooter, Advanced Sexual Health Practitioner for LiSH, said: "We are looking forward to getting out into the community, talking to the public, offering advice and screening and answering any questions they may have on the subject of disability and access to quality sexual health.”
LiSH, which is run by Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust, provides confidential and non-judgmental advice, testing and treatment for all aspects of sexual health, including contraception.
The central booking line (01522 309309) can be used to book appointments at any of Lincolnshire's sexual health clinics, from 8am-7.30pm Monday to Thursday, or 8am-4.30pm on Fridays.
To access the online booking system and for further information about the service, including chlamydia screening, safer sex and the C-Card scheme, visit www.lincolnshiresexualhealth.nhs.uk.
You can also follow the dedicated sexual health social media accounts on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook @LCHSSexHealth
Dates of events:
16 Sept - Lincoln College – featuring our mobile unit, Monks Road, Lincoln, LN2 5HQ
17 Sept – Lincoln University – featuring our mobile unit, Brayford Way, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS
18 Sept – Bishop Grosseteste University, featuring our mobile unit, Longdales Road,Lincoln LN1 3DY
20 Sept – Bishop Grosseteste University, Fresher’s Fayre, Longdales Road,Lincoln LN1 3DY
- 16, 18, 20 Sept – Boston - GU Medicine Department, Boston Health Clinic, Lincoln Lane, PE21 8RU
- 16, 17, 19 Sept – Grantham - GU Medicine Department, Grantham Hospital, Manthorpe Road, NG31 8DG
- 16,17 Sept – Sleaford - Riversdale Health Clinic, 21 Westgate, NG34 7PY
- 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 Sept – Lincoln - Lindon House, 134 Dixon Street, LN6 7TU
- 16, 17, 18 Sept – Lincoln – Monks Road Clinic, 63 Monks Road, LN2 5HP
- 16 Sept – Skegness - GU Medicine Department, Skegness Hospital, Dorothy Avenue, PE25 2BS
- 16, 19 Sept – Gainsborough – John Coupland Hospital, Ropery Road, DN21 2TJ
- 16, 19 Sept – Spalding – Johnson Community Hospital, Spalding Road, Pinchbeck, PE11 3DT
- 17, 18 Sept – Louth - Louth County Hospital, High Holme Road, Louth. LN11 0EU
- 16 Sept – Market Deeping - Deepings Practice, Godsey Lane, Market Deeping, PE6 8DD
Our Latest Tweets
Your local GP practice is offering evening and weekend appointments at the surgery or at an NHS service nearby. Sp… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
If you need medical help, use 111 online to get assessed and directed to the right place for you. ➡️… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Get your covid autumn booster before 12th February Eligible people in Lincolnshire who have yet to receive their s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…