Changes to Community Hospital patient visiting from 1 July
From Wednesday, 1 July, family and friends will once again be able to visit their loved ones staying at the county’s four community hospitals.
All visitors will be required to book an appointment in advance by contacting the ward clerk before visiting the inpatient wards at:
· John Coupland Hospital in Gainsborough
· County Hospital in Louth
· Skegness Hospital
· Johnson Community Hospital in Spalding.
This approach will help to make sure wards do not become overcrowded to maintain social distancing requirements.
Visitors will be strictly limited to one per patient and a maximum of two visitors in each hospital bay.
In line with national guidance and to minimise the risk of transmitting the coronavirus, all visitors to community hospitals will be expected to:
- wear a new, appropriate face covering on arrival at the hospital and not to touch their face or mouth during their visit. Free face coverings will be available on arrival for visitors who do not have one
- clean their hands on arrival to the hospital entrance using the hand sanitiser provided
- follow all temporary floor markings to safely guide them around the hospital site
- remain behind any screens to protect patients and visitors
- follow social distancing guidelines between them and patients, visitors and hospital staff
- remove their face covering on leaving the hospital and dispose of it safely using the bins provided.
Tracy Pilcher, Deputy Chief Executive of Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust (LCHS) and Director of Nursing, Allied Health Professionals and Operations said:
“I’d like to thank patients and their loved ones for their support during the lockdown when visiting was suspended for all but those patients with end of life conditions.
It’s very positive news that we are now able to reopen Community Hospital visiting.
We ask for patients families and friends to support our safety first approach by booking a time slot to ensure we can maintain effective social distancing and minimise the risk of spreading coronavirus to often very vulnerable people receiving our care.”
Visitor appointments can be booked by contacting the relevant ward clerk:
· County Hospital, Louth – please call Archer Ward and Assessment Centre on 01507 600 100 ext 1345 or 1311
· John Coupland Hospital, Gainsborough – please call 01427 816500
· Johnson Community Hospital, Spalding – please call 01775 652 000 and ask for the Welland Ward clerk
· Skegness Hospital – please call 01754 762401 and ask for the Gloucester Ward or Scarborough Ward clerk.
The visiting guidelines will be reviewed and updated in line with any future published Government guidance.
Family and friends who are unable to visit family members in hospital can still get in touch by using the ‘Contact your Loved Ones’ service by emailing lhnt.ContactYourLovedOne-LCHS@nhs.net
Please include their full name (with middle initial if applicable) of their loved, their home postcode, year of birth and the name of the ward where they are staying, along with a message or letter for them to enjoy.